Adam Hastings will start at fly-half for Scotland U20 on Wednesday as they face their Italian counterparts in the final group stage match of the World Rugby U20 Championship, kick-off 15.15.
Hastings is one of five changes made by Head Coach John Dalziel, with Zander Fagerson, Murray McCallum, Matt Smith and Matt McPhillips all in the starting line-up.
Dalziel said: “There is no denying that this is a huge game for us, with a lot resting on the result.
“After the disappointment of the loss to England, we’ve refocused quickly and trained well in preparation for tomorrow’s game against what will be a physical Italian side, who possess a strong set-piece.
“We’ve got a lot of experience in our side for this game, and we’re hoping that this will come to the fore and revitalise the team as we chase an all-important victory, which would see us record two pool stage wins for the first time ever in this competition.”
Scotland U20 team to play Italy U20
15. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby)
14. Robbie Nairn (Harlequins)
13. Tom Galbraith (Melrose)
12. Matt McPhillips (Currie)
11. Ben Robbins (Currie)
10. Adam Hastings (Bath Rugby)
9. Hugh Fraser (Heriot’s)
1. Murray McCallum (Heriot’s)
2. Jake Kerr (Boroughmuir)
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors)
4. Callum Hunter-Hill (Stirling County)
5. Scott Cummings ( c ) (Glasgow Warriors)
6. Jamie Ritchie (Edinburgh Rugby)
7. Matt Smith (Glasgow Hawks)
8. Ally Miller (Melrose)
16. Lewis Anderson (Ayr)
17. Dan Elkington (Melrose)
18. George Thornton (Bishop Burton College)
19. Alex Craig (Hartpury College)
20. Lewis Wynne (Stirling County)
21. Scott Burnside (Boroughmuir)
22. Charlie Shiel (Currie)
23. Cameron Gray (Currie)