Bath Rugby's Tom Ellis, Charlie Ewels, George Ford and summer arrival Sam Underhill have been named in the England squad to face Barbarians in the Old Mutual Wealth Cup on Sunday at Twickenham Stadium, kick-off 15:00.
Ewels starts in the second row alongside Saracens' Nick Isiekwe, whilst Ford co-captains the Red Roses from fly-half. Tom Ellis could make his first appearance for his country, as the in-form back rower takes his place amongst the replacements.
Sam Underhill, who joins the Club from Ospreys this summer will also make his international bow lining up in the number seven jersey.
England will be able to call upon experienced regulars Ford, Chris Robshaw, Danny Care, Jonny May and Mike Brown, who have 246 caps between them.
There are eight uncapped players in the starting 15 including Underhill, Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors), Will Collier (Harlequins), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), Alex Lozowski (Saracens), Sam James (Sale Sharks), and Nathan Earle (Saracens).
Head Coach Eddie Jones said: “I’m excited about this squad playing the Barbarians on Sunday. The players have trained really well with intensity over the last few weeks and now we need to put that onto the field this weekend.”
“While we have some really experienced players starting the game there is a great opportunity for some of the younger players to show what they are about against a Barbarians team full of quality international players.
“We will be treating this game as a Test match and expecting the Barbarians to start the game quickly. This match will be crucial preparation ahead of our two-Test series against Argentina next month.
“I’ve decided to have co-captains this weekend with Chris Robshaw and George Ford. We need the responsibility of leadership shared. Chris will look after the forwards and defence while George will look after the backs and attack. It splits the responsibility nicely and with so many younger players there we need co-captains rather than just one guy responsible for everything."
Rob Buchanan (Harlequins), Ryan Mills (Worcester Warriors), Nick Schonert (Worcester Warriors) and Marland Yarde (Harlequins) were not considered for selection due to injury. Both Buchanan and Mills have been released from camp.
England team to face Barbarians for the Old Mutual Wealth Cup*
15. Mike Brown (Harlequins, 60 caps)
14. Nathan Earle (Saracens, uncapped)
13. Sam James (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
12. Alex Lozowski (Saracens, uncapped)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 25 caps)
10. George Ford (co-capt) (Bath Rugby, 35 caps)
9. Danny Care (Harlequins, 71 caps)
1. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap)
2. Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors, uncapped)
3. Will Collier (Harlequins, uncapped)
4. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 3 caps)
5. Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, uncapped)
6. Chris Robshaw (co-capt) (Harlequins, 55 caps)
7. Sam Underhill (Ospreys, uncapped)
8. Josh Beaumont (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
16. George McGuigan (Leicester Tigers, uncapped)
17. Ross Harrison (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
18. Jamal Ford-Robinson (Bristol Rugby, uncapped)
19. Tom Ellis (Bath Rugby, uncapped)
20. Ben Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
21. Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons, uncapped)
22. Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens, 27 caps)
23. Mike Haley (Sale Sharks, uncapped)
*Please note that this is an uncapped match