Bath Rugby's Dave Attwood will once again lead England Saxons against South Africa 'A' this Friday in Outeniqua Park, as his side seek a clean sweep in their two-match tour.
Attwood will partner Charlie Ewels in the second row following their successful combination in the 24-32 victory in Bloemfontein last week. Semesa Rokoduguni, who scored an incredible individual effort in that match, is also retained on the wing.
Wasps wing Christian Wade is one of three changes to the starting XV for the second Test. Wade comes off the bench to start, replacing the injured Alex Lewington, while Dave Ewers comes in at blindside flanker, with Don Armand moving to number eight. Exeter Chiefs’ Sam Hill comes in onto the bench.
“We’ve got to improve again," said Head Coach Ali Hepher, ahead of the final Test. "South Africa will come back with an improved performance and so we need to make a shift as big, if not bigger than they do."
"We’ve been working on certain things in training so that we can put more into the games and take our opportunities better when they come. We’ll be looking to be more clinical this week.”
On the squad changes he added: “Unfortunately Alex Lewington has picked up an injury and so is not available.
"There were a couple of big performances off the bench last time and so they have pushed their cases to make the starting line-up.”
England Saxons match-day 23 for second game against South Africa ‘A’
15. Mike Haley (Sale Sharks)
14. Semesa Rokoduguni (Bath Rugby, 1 senior England cap)
13. Nick Tompkins (Saracens)
12. Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs, 1 senior England cap)
11. Christian Wade (Wasps, 1 senior England cap)
10. Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks, 14 senior England caps)
9. Dan Robson (Wasps)
1. Alec Hepburn (Exeter Chiefs)
2. Tommy Taylor (Sale Sharks, 1 senior England cap)
3. Kieran Brookes (Northampton Saints, 16 senior England caps)
4. Dave Attwood (Bath Rugby, 23 senior England caps) (C)
5. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby)
6. Dave Ewers (Exeter Chiefs)
7. Matt Kvesic (Gloucester, 3 senior England caps)
8. Donovan Armand (Exeter Chiefs)
16. George McGuigan (Newcastle Falcons)
17. Ross Harrison (Sale Sharks)
18. Jake Cooper-Woolley (Wasps)
19. Mitch Lees (Exeter Chiefs)
20. Sam Jones (Wasps)
21. Micky Young (Newcastle Falcons)
22. Sam Hill (Exeter Chiefs)
23. Sam James (Sale Sharks)