It’s our final Aviva Premiership game of the season this Saturday – we’ll take on Leicester Tigers on the pitch (kick-off 15.30), but there’s a whole host of other activities going on around the Rec throughout the day. Here is your guide to everything that’s happening.
- The inaugural Bath Rugby 7s Club Championship will be running on the outfield from 08.00, with the final taking place on the main pitch at 14.10, so come down and cheer on the youngsters! More information about who is competing can be found here.
- Happy Hour is running between 13.30 and 14.30, where there will be £1 off pints of Bath Ales Gem and Thatchers Gold at all bars! There will also be discounted wine available in the Swift Half.*
- It’s the final Tunnel of Noise of the season, so let’s make it the biggest one yet! We’ll be giving out free flags and Gladiator helmets so come down before 14.30 to get yours and cheer the boys on!
- This weekend’s special guest for the 150th anniversary Legends Q&A will be the one and only Gareth Chilcott. He’ll be telling some of his favourite memories to Club President David Trick from 14.30 on the outdoor stage in the outfield after the Tunnel of Noise.
- The James Dyson Foundation will have a special marquee on the outfield where budding young engineers can go and try out an array of cool experiments.
- The Dyson catapult will also be challenging supporters to a very special kicking contest. Can you match the power of the machine? Head over to the outfield to find out!
- Jamma de Samba are also back for one last drumming extravaganza this season. You can catch them performing at various times and locations in the build up to kick-off.
- The team will run out in this season’s charity shirt, which will be raising money for Help for Heroes and Bath Rugby Foundation. To find out how you can get your hands on one of the shirts, click here.
- Keep your eyes on the skies at half-time as the RAF Falcons will once again be dropping into the Rec.*Jump is weather permitting.
- Retiring Club captain Stuart Hooper will draw the winner of the Bath Rugby Foundation raffle – the prize this week is one of the limited edition charity shirts being worn by the players, which will be signed by the entire Bath Rugby squad.
- After the final whistle, the players will be giving out signed balls on their final lap of honour of the season. We’ll also be bidding a fond farewell to those players who will be departing the Club at the end of the season.
- From 17.30, we are delighted to welcome back Felix and the Funk who will be performing until 19.30 in the Supporters’ Village on the outdoor stage.
Food and bars
- Thatchers Cider will be offering samples of their latest addition to the cider range, Somerset Haze. If you like what you taste, then Haze is now stocked at most bars around the Rec.
- The usual concessions will be on-site, including Jamie’s Italian, Get Battered Fish & Chips and Krispy Kreme, Pieminister and Grillstock BBQ, who this week are offering beef brisket sandwiches in addition to pork rolls. AC Catering will also be serving the ever-popular ‘Banahan Wrap’ - an extra-large pulled pork wrap with slaw and sweet chilli sauce. You can find them, along with all our other vendors, in the Supporters’ Village behind the Dyson (East) stand.
- This week’s guest ale is Bath Ales Dark Side. There is a limited supply - once it’s gone, it’s gone!
- Contactless payment for credit and debit cards is now available at almost all outlets at the Rec, and we also accept Apple Pay at most outlets.
*Whilst stocks last.