Bath Rugby host three time European Champions, RC Toulon, at the Rec tomorrow for the final game in this year’s European Rugby Champions Cup pool stages, kick-off 15.15.
Here is your step by step guide of what's on at the Rec.
- Jamma de Samba are back at the Rec and will be drumming up a storm ahead of kick-off.
- Help us create a Tunnel of Noise for the team as they make their way from the Pavilion to the changing rooms to begin their final preparations. We’ll be giving out free flags so come and get yours and cheer on the boys before 14.15.
- This weekend’s special guest for the 150th anniversary Legends Q&A will be Andy Nicol, hosted by Club President, David Trick. So, following the Tunnel of Noise, head over to the Swift Half at 14.30 and hear a host of tales from Bath Rugby’s Heineken Cup winning captain.
- If you’re in the Dyson Stand, you’ll find game cards on your seats – hold them up to create a giant Blue, Black and White flag to welcome the team out onto the pitch just before kick-off. Half-time entertainment
- This weekend, we are giving 30 children the opportunity to join us on pitch at half-time for some fun rugby activities. All you need to do is sign up at the Community Gazebo on the outfield between 13.15 and 14.15. Children must be aged 6 and over.
- This week’s 150 giveaway is dinner for four people at Graze, kindly donated by Official Supplier, Bath Ales. One lucky Season Ticket Holder will be drawn at random and announced at the beginning of half-time.
- Plus, Jamma de Samba will be back for more music!
- Live music in the Swift Half from Reloaded, so stick around and enjoy the atmosphere with fellow supporters.
Food and bars
- The usual concessions will be available, including Jamie’s Italian, Get Battered Fish & Chips and Krispy Kreme, Pieminister and Grillstock BBQ, who are offering beef brisket sandwiches in addition to pork rolls. AC Catering will also be serving the ‘Banahan Wrap’ - an extra-large pulled pork with slaw and sweet chilli sauce. You can find them, along with all the other food outlets, in the Supporters’ Village behind the Dyson (East) Stand.
- This week’s guest ale is Bath Ales Dark Side. There is a limited supply so be quick - once it’s gone its gone!
- We also have some quality French wines on special promotion, ask your bartender for their recommendations.
Traffic and travel
- Great Western Railway have advised that there will be bus replacement services between Swindon, Chippenham and Bath from 1.00am on Saturday through to midnight on Sunday.
- If you travel by train, please make sure you leave plenty of time to get to the Rec!
Please note: the Swift Half, Dyson Stand (East stand) and Bath Ales Dark Side bars will all close 10 minutes before the start of the game to allow supporters to take their seats in time for kick-off. The decision has been made in an attempt to minimise the disruption for supporters already in their seats, particularly in the Dyson stand, during the early stages of the game. Thank you for your cooperation.