Our opening home game of the Aviva Premiership is nearly upon us and Bath Rugby will take on Newcastle Falcons this Saturday, kick-off 15.00. There will be plenty of entertainment around the Rec throughout the day and you can check out what’s on with our handy guide below.
- Get to the Rec early for Happy Hour between 13.00 – 14.00 where there will be £1 off pints of Bath Ales Gem and Thatchers Gold at all bars. Discounted wine will also be available in the Swift Half.
- Keep your eyes and ears open as Jamma de Samba will be back to start this season with a bang and you will be able to catch them performing at various times and locations throughout the afternoon.
- To mark the beginning of the new Aviva Premiership season, free Bath Rugby flags will be distributed with the purchase of matchday programmes.
- There will be a kids area set up on the outfield just behind the Dyson Stand where the passing target challenge will be set up by our team of Community Rugby coaches.
- Maximus is also back and raring to go for another season. He’ll be around and about and looking forward to seeing plenty of familiar faces.
- Are you ready for the season? The boys will be running out in our brand new home kit this weekend which is now available to buy in the Bath Rugby Shop on Argyle Street and will also be available in the Mobile Shop on Saturday.
- South African wine expert, Ken Forrester will be joined by a couple of Bath Rugby players at the Great Western Wine bar in the Swift Half from 14.00. Supporters will be able to sample two of Ken's favourite wines, as well as hearing about many more from the expert.
- Rotary Club of Bath and Inner Wheel have jointly raised over £78,000 for Wizzybugs, who help children under five with limited mobility. Roger Berry, former Bath Rugby President and player who sadly passed away in June last year, was heavily involved with the charity. In his memory a further £5,000 was raised to buy another mobility chair. His wife Margaret will be on the pitch at half-time to present this to Wizzybug manufacturer, Designability, so please show them your appreciation.
- The Bath Rugby Foundation will also be on pitch to make a cheque presentation of over £8,000 to last season's official charities.
- Jamma de Samba will conclude things with one final rousing bout of drumming ahead of the second half.
- After the final whistle Rec favorites, The Wipeout, return. Head on over to the outfield where you can catch them playing a well-known tune or two until 18:30.
Food and Bars
- This season, we welcome two new food concessions. Dough Pizza and Cau, an Argentinean steak specialist will be located in the main car-park just behind the big screen. Fan favourites, Get Battered Fish & Chips, Pieminister and Grillstock BBQ are all back for another season and you can find them also on the outfield.
- Great Western Wine and new Official Champagne, Pol Roger will have their own marquee on the outfield this weekend.
- A reminder also that contactless payment for credit and debit cards is now available at almost all outlets at the Rec, and we also accept Apple Pay!
Tickets for our opening home game are still available so if you haven’t got yours yet, call 0844 448 1865, buy online, or visit the Ticket Office on Pulteney Bridge.