The Aviva Premiership season gets underway this Saturday when Bath Rugby take on West Country rivals, Exeter Chiefs at the Recreation Ground, kick-off 14.00.
On top of a fantastic game of rugby, we’ve got some great entertainment in store for you.
- Welcome the players ahead of the game by joining our Tunnel of Noise in the Supporters’ Village. We’ll be handing out free Bath Rugby flags so come and cheer on the boys before 13.00!
- We’re continuing the 150th anniversary celebrations with our second Legends Q&A in the Swift Half – Simon Halliday is the special guest who will be regaling you with tales from his illustrious career, so head over at 13.15.
- For our younger Bath Rugby supporters there will be an inflatable assault course on the outfield, and the bigger kids can even have a go at some gladiator jousting! The Community Team will be on hand running some rugby challenges as well, and you might even get to meet Maximus who is back from his summer holiday – all free of charge!
- Keep an eye out before the game and at half-time for the Vocal Works Gospel Choir who are making their Rec debut this week, singing an array of rugby anthems and popular tunes.
- Pop in to the marquee on the outfield between 12.00 and 16.00 to view the public exhibition that unveils the plans for a temporary scheme at the Rec, which aims to improve facilities and increase capacity in time for the start of the 2016 / 2017 season.
Food and Bars
- Our usual food outlets will be at the Rec, including Pie Minister, Grillstock BBQ, and Get Battered Fish & Chips. A C Event Catering will be offering the ‘Banahan Wrap’, an extra-large wrap containing pulled pork, on a bed of traditional slaw, sweet chilli sauce in a tortilla wrap.
- If you fancy something to satisfy a sweet tooth, you can pick up your favourite assorted dozen from the Krispy Kreme outlet next to the Swift Half.
- Cheer on Francois Louw and Rhys Priestland as they go head to head in the World Cup Quarter-Final between South Africa and Wales. We’ll be showing the game live in the Swift Half and Clubhouse after our game, so stick around for the 16.00 kick-off.
Please note, the Swift Half, Dyson Stand (East stand) and Bath Ales Dark Side bars will all close 10 minutes before the start of the game, to allow supporters to take their seats in time for kick-off. The decision has been made in an attempt to minimise the disruption for supporters already in their seats, particularly in the Dyson stand, during the early stages of the game. Thank you for your co-operation.
Tickets are still available, so join us for a great day out at the Rec. Call 0844 448 1865 or click here to book your tickets now.