Wales Head Coach Gareth Williams has made three changes to the starting line-up to face Ireland in the second round of the U20s Six Nations at Cork’s Irish Independent Park this Friday evening, which includes Bath Rugby's Archie Griffin, who has been named amongst the replacements (kick-off 19:15, live on BBC2 Wales).
Bristol’s Ioan Lloyd gets his first taste of action with Wales U20 at full-back with Josh Thomas dropping down to the bench while up front, loose-head prop Theo Bevacqua and hooker Will Griffiths replace Callum Williams and Dom Booth respectively, with the latter duo joining Thomas on the bench.
Griffiths, who is now in his third campaign at this age-group, earns his first start with his previous 12 caps having all come as a substitute.
Defending champions Ireland sit top of the points table courtesy of a healthier points difference than England and will scent Welsh blood after an impressive 38-26 victory against Scotland, while Wales will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing 17-7 defeat to Italy in the opening round in Colwyn Bay last Friday evening.
Wales U20s side to face Ireland U20s:
15. Ioan Lloyd (Bristol Bears)
14. Daniel John (Millfield School)
13. Osian Knott (Scarlets)
12. Aneurin Owen (Dragons)
11. Ewan Rosser (Dragons)
10. Sam Costelow (Leicester Tigers)
9. Dafydd Buckland (Dragons);
1. Theo Bevacqua (Cardiff Blues)
2. Will Griffiths (Dragons)
3. Ben Warren (Cardiff Blues)
4. Jac Price (Scarlets)
5. Ben Carter (Dragons)
6. Ioan Davies (Cardiff Blues)
7. Jac Morgan (C)(Scarlets)
8. Morgan Strong (Ospreys)
16. Dom Booth (Scarlets)
17. Callum Williams (Scarlets)
18. Archie Griffin (Bath Rugby)
19. James Fender (Ospreys)
20. Gwilym Bradley (Cardiff Blues)
21. Ellis Bevan (Cardiff Met)
22. Bradley Roderick (Ospreys)
23 Josh Thomas (Ospreys)