It’s a double-header of rugby action this Saturday, with Bath Rugby hosting Saracens in the Aviva Premiership at the Rec, kick-off 12:15, followed by England v Australia on screens around the ground at 14:30.
Details of where you can watch the England game and everything else you might need to know before you head to the Rec are below.
- Bath City Centre is likely to be extremely busy due to the Christmas Market and Christmas shopping, so please allow extra time when making your journey to the Rec.
- Supporters are encouraged to use the excellent public transport links in and out of the city where possible. Centurion Travel has paired up with Bath Rugby to offer the fans a hassle-free and affordable trip to the Rec. To book, or consult the time table, please visit, http://www.bathrugbytransport.co.uk.
Park and Ride
- Bath & North East Somerset Council have confirmed that there are extra Park & Ride buses running from all three sites from the outskirts of the city this weekend. All services run until 21.30 on Saturday with a return ticket costing just £3.00.
- Please see below sat nav postcodes for the three park and ride sites.
- Service 21 – Newbridge (Postcode BA1 3NB)
- Service 31 – Lansdown (Postcode BA1 9BJ)
- Service 41 – Odd Down (Postcode BA2 8PA)
- The Club has been working closely with Great Western Railway to ensure operations at Bath Spa run as smoothly as possible, particularly post-match. GWR are advising people to be prepared for queues and to please be patient when waiting for trains. Staff at the station, along with matchday stewards will also be on hand to direct people to the next available train.
- If you are intending to travel by train, please check the latest timetables depending on where you are travelling from. Where possible, extra carriages will be laid on to cope with the extra demand.
- You can also now also now cycle to the stadium, where free and secure parking spaces for bikes are offered at the Rec just next to Williams Gate.
- The Club Shop on Argyle Street and the Mobile Shop in the Supporters’ Village in the West car park will be fully stocked with scarfs, beanie hats and warm coats amongst other things, so you can make sure you’re kitted up for the cold weather, or get a head-start on some Christmas shopping!
- We will be holding our second matchday Season Ticket Holder Q&A of the season on the outfield at 11:15. will be held on the outfield prior to the game. All Season Ticket Holders are invited to attend, but due to capacity there will be a one in, one out policy in operation. Managing Director, Tarquin MacDonald, Performance and Player Development Director, Stuart Hooper, and Head of Operations, Alex Cohen, will be on hand answer to your questions about the Club.
- Maximus will be roaming around the Rec from 11:15 and during the game – he’s looking forward to meeting you all!
- Premiership partners, Aviva, have organised a coaching session on the pitch at half-time with the Bath Rugby Community team – keep an eye out as you might be able to spot the Bath Rugby stars of the future!
- Make sure you stick around after the final whistle to cheer on England as they take on Australia at Twickenham. Kick-off on the final game of the Autumn Internationals is 14:30, with screens in both the Clubhouse and the Swift Half showing the game.
Food and bars
- The usual concessions will be available, including AC Catering with their fan favourite - the ‘Banahan Wrap’ available. Also on hand to tickle your tastebuds will be Dough Pizza, Cau, Get Battered Fish & Chips, Pieminster and Grillstock BBQ.