With one round left to play in the Gallagher Premiership, here is what Bath Rugby need to do to secure a top six finish.
Bath currently occupy sixth place in the table and a bonus-point victory against Leicester at Welford Road on Saturday will ensure Europe’s premier competition returns to the Rec.
Who can still finish inside the top six?
- Saracens, Exeter and Gloucester have already confirmed their play-off spots, with Northampton also guaranteed a top six spot
- Harlequins, Bath, Sale, Wasps and Bristol Bears can all finish inside the top six
- If Bath secure a bonus-point win, the Blue, Black and White will secure their spot in next season’s Heineken Champions Cup
Victory without a bonus-point
- A top six place will be secured providing Sale don’t get a bonus-point victory against Gloucester
Draw with a bonus-point
- As long as Sale Sharks don’t win at the AJ Bell Stadium, Bath will remain in the top six
Draw without a bonus-point
- Top six will be secured providing Sale don’t achieve three or more points
Loss with losing bonus-point
- Bath will remain in the top six providing Sale lose and Wasps and Bristol don’t secure bonus-point victories
Loss without bonus-point
- Bath will qualify if Sale lose without a bonus-point and Wasps don’t win. If Bristol secure a bonus-point, they too could go into sixth providing results go their way
can bath finish outside the top six and still qualify for the heineken Champions cup?
- If Clermont Auvergne (Top 14), La Rochelle (Top 14), Harlequins and Sale Sharks finish in the top six, the seventh placed team in the Gallagher Premiership will qualify for next season's Heineken Champions Cup